Dead Poets Society
Director: Peter Weir
Producer: Steven Haft, Paul Junger Witt,
Screenwriter: Tom Schulman
Stars: Robin Williams, Robert Sean Leonard,
Ethan Hawke, Josh Charles, Gale Hansen, Dylan Kussman, Allelon
Ruggiero, Norman Lloyd, James Waterston, Kurtwood Smith, Carla
Belver, Leon Pownall, George Martin, Joe Aufiery, Matt Carey,
Kevin Cooney, Jane Moore, Lara Flynn Boyle, Colin Irving,
MPAA Rating: PG
Year of Release: 1989
Released on Video: 01/01/90
Prep school student Todd Anderson suffers in
the shadow of his roommate and his elder brother, who was
the valedictorian of his class. But inspired by an English
teacher who urges his charges to break with the status quo
by introducing them to the ancient tradition of the Dead Poets
Society, Todd learns to see himself in a new light.
- How did Todd think negatively of himself?
- How, do you think, was this character able to let go of
- Imagine yourself as Todd when he let go of his negative
- What distorted thoughts about yourself are dropping away
as you “become” him?
- How does this feel?
- How do you see yourself and your environment now?